For Emergency Planning information please click here
Please remember to keep your contact details up-to-date by contacting Student Services or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Building Construction and Site Access
The Main Build Blessing on the 22 March marked the beginning of the final stage of construction for the Main Block and West Wing project which is due for completion at the end of this year.
Due to this we have made adjustments to site use and access to protect the safety of students, staff, parents/whānau and visitors. We have had to rethink parking provision, pedestrian access and student safety at the beginning and end of the day.
Vehicle & Pedestrian access
Ensuring pedestrian and vehicle safety will be more challenging during the construction phase because construction vehicles will be using school driveways.
The traffic congestion at the beginning/end of day and construction vehicles on the Paterson Street drive are of particular concerns.
We are seeking support to lessen the risk in the following ways.
- Please drop off / collect your daughter at least a block away from the gates. While we know that this is inconvenient, the congestion created at the gate and on the driveway creates a significant hazard.
- The Paterson Street drive will be closed to pedestrians from the bottom of the drive to the Hall, to keep students clear of construction traffic in the construction zone. Pedestrians using the access path from the Basin Reserve will use the lower Paterson Street drive and access the school from the Austin Terrace and the School Office drives.
The size of the construction zone has had an impact on the amount of parking available on site
- We are able to provide a limited number of parking for staff on site
- We have limited amount of visitor parking outside the School Reception
- We have no capacity to provide parking for students
- Coupon parking continues to be available near the school (free for the first two hours).
These arrangements will operate both inside and outside school hours because the construction work falls outside these hours and on Saturdays.