We are proud at East to have such a culturally diverse student body. Many of our families are recent arrivals to New Zealand and we wish to welcome them into our school community.
Our new settlers’ community meets together regularly throughout the school year. We hold meetings at least once a term to which parents and their daughters are invited. This is a chance to meet other families and make connections.
We also share information about how best to support student learning and we also provide advice regarding course selection and careers.
Every year, we celebrate together with a big community dinner and concert. At the end of the year the achievements of our students are also acknowledged and celebrated in a final community gathering.
2020 Meeting Dates
- 20 February 2020, 6.00pm - Introduction for new parents
- 14 May 2020 , 6.00pm - NCEA explained
- 25 Jun 2020, 6.00pm - community meal
- 30 July 2020, 6.00pm - Course selection/careers
- 17 September 2020, - Success Evening