Key Dates for 2021
1 February - Course Confirmation / New Staff Orientation
2 February - Teacher Only Day
3 February - Teacher Only Day / Prefect Training
4 February - Powhiri / Orientation (Year 9s & all new students (any level) only)
5 February - Orientation Day - All Year 9 -10 students only
8 February - Waitangi Day Observed (School Closed)
9 February - All Year Levels - Timetable starts for all
16 April - Term 1 Ends
Term 2: 3 May - 9 July 2021
Term 3: 26 July - 1 October 2021
Term 4: 18 October - 15 December 2021
School Closed 2021
- Monday 8 February - Waitangi Day Observed
- Friday 2 April - Good Friday
- Monday 5 April - Easter Monday
- Tuesday 6 April - Easter Tuesday
- Monday, 26 April 2020, Anzac Day Observed
- Tuesday, 11 May Teacher Only Day (NCEA)
- Friday 4 June Teacher Only Day (Loop)
- Monday 7 June – Queens’ Birthday
- Thursday 5 August - Teacher Only Day (NCEA)
- Friday 3 September - Teacher Only Day
- Monday 25 October – Labour Day
- Wednesday 1 December - Teacher Only Day (re NCEA)
During 2015 and 2016 we have gathered feedback on the longer learning times from students, staff and parents and based on this review we will continue with having the longer sessions. In the feedback there were a number of recommendations for changes that we have accepted for the timetable structure for 2017 and onwards. These changes are in the main are minor adjustments which we believe will improve the smooth operation of the school.
The main changes are:
Wednesday is still an early finish, but has just 3 longer sessions with two equal breaks of 30 minutes and finishes at 2.15pm. (We will review the break length at the end of term 1 to see if it is better to have two equal length breaks or 20/40 minute breaks)
- Changing to 90 minute sessions for the longer sessions. (previously these were a mix of 95 and 100 minutes – we feel will be more effective to have a consistent length of 90 minutes)
- Ako occurs after the interval break, with a 5 minutes movement time between ako and session 3.
- Friday is made up of six 50 minute sessions and becomes the preferred “day trips” day. Five minutes movement time between sessions is built into the times on Friday.
- Each day starts at 8.45am and all days, except for Wednesday, finishes at 3.20 pm.
Longer Learning Times
We have shifted to 90 minute lessons and see huge advantages in these.
Download a copy of the timetable