Key Dates for 2020
24 January - Course Confirmation, Tuakana Training
28 January - Teacher Only Day
29 January - Teacher Only Day, Prefect Training
30 January - Year 9 Powhiri & Orientation
31 January - Year 10 - 13 Orientation / Timetable start (all year levels)
3 February - Full Timetable
6 February - Waitangi Day
27 March - Last Day of Term 1 (Change)
Term 2: 15 April - 3 July 2020
Term 3: 20 July - 25 September 2020
Term 4: 12 October- 10 December 2020
School Closed 2020
- Thursday 6 February - Waitangi Day
- Friday 29 May - Teacher Only Day (Looped Conference)
- Monday 1 June – Queens’ Birthday
- Tuesday 4 August - Teacher Only Day (re NCEA)
- Monday 7 September - Teacher Only Day (Kahui Ako) TBC
- Monday 26 October – Labour Day
- Monday 16 November - Teacher Only Day (WEGC)
- Tuesday 17 November - Teacher Only Day (re NCEA)
During 2015 and 2016 we have gathered feedback on the longer learning times from students, staff and parents and based on this review we will continue with having the longer sessions. In the feedback there were a number of recommendations for changes that we have accepted for the timetable structure for 2017 and onwards. These changes are in the main are minor adjustments which we believe will improve the smooth operation of the school.
The main changes are:
Wednesday is still an early finish, but has just 3 longer sessions with two equal breaks of 30 minutes and finishes at 2.15pm. (We will review the break length at the end of term 1 to see if it is better to have two equal length breaks or 20/40 minute breaks)
- Changing to 90 minute sessions for the longer sessions. (previously these were a mix of 95 and 100 minutes – we feel will be more effective to have a consistent length of 90 minutes)
- Ako occurs after the interval break, with a 5 minutes movement time between ako and session 3.
- Friday is made up of six 50 minute sessions and becomes the preferred “day trips” day. Five minutes movement time between sessions is built into the times on Friday.
- Each day starts at 8.45am and all days, except for Wednesday, finishes at 3.20 pm.
Longer Learning Times
We have shifted to 90 minute lessons and see huge advantages in these.
Times of the day 2019
Download a copy of the timetable