Key Dates for 2022
Monday, 31 January - Course Confirmation / New Staff Orientation
Tuesday, 1 February - Teacher Only Day
Wednesday, 2 February - Teacher Only Day / Prefect Training
Thursday, 3 February - Year 9 Orientation
Friday, 4 February - Year 10 - 13 Orientation (Full school timetable from S3)
Monday, 7 February - Waitangi Day Observed
Thursday, 14 April - Term 1 Ends
Term 2: 2 May - 8 July 2022
Term 3: 25 July - 30 September 2022
Term 4: 17 October - 14 December 2022
School Closed 2022
- Monday 7 February - Waitangi Day Observed
- Friday 1 April - Teacher Only Day (Motu Kairangi Hui)
- Thursday 14 April - Teacher Only Day
- Friday 15 April - Good Friday
- Monday 18 April - Easter Monday
- Tuesday 19 April - Easter Tuesday
- Monday, 25 April, Anzac Day
- Wednesday, 18 May, Teacher Only Day (MOE Accord Day)
- Friday, 3 June, Teacher Only Day (Loop)
- Monday 6 June – Queens’ Birthday
- Friday 24 June - Matariki
- Friday 26 August - Teacher Only Day(MOE Accord Day)
- Monday 24 October – Labour Day
- Friday 11 November - Teacher Only Day
During 2015 and 2016 we have gathered feedback on the longer learning times from students, staff and parents and based on this review we will continue with having the longer sessions. In the feedback there were a number of recommendations for changes that we have accepted for the timetable structure for 2017 and onwards. These changes are in the main are minor adjustments which we believe will improve the smooth operation of the school.
The main changes are:
Wednesday is still an early finish, but has just 3 longer sessions with two equal breaks of 30 minutes and finishes at 2.15pm. (We will review the break length at the end of term 1 to see if it is better to have two equal length breaks or 20/40 minute breaks)
- Changing to 90 minute sessions for the longer sessions. (previously these were a mix of 95 and 100 minutes – we feel will be more effective to have a consistent length of 90 minutes)
- Ako occurs after the interval break, with a 5 minutes movement time between ako and session 3.
- Friday is made up of six 50 minute sessions and becomes the preferred “day trips” day. Five minutes movement time between sessions is built into the times on Friday.
- Each day starts at 8.45am and all days, except for Wednesday, finishes at 3.20 pm.
Longer Learning Times
We have shifted to 90 minute lessons and see huge advantages in these.
Download a copy of the timetable