WEGC Parents Association (WEPA)
A Great Opportunity to get involved in School Life
We meet once a month, on a Thursday evening, See meeting times and dates below.
Our main role is to distribute money raised and donated by the school community to support the girls in their extra-curricular activities across sport, culture, arts and academic pursuits. We welcome all whānau to attend and contribute to the decision making to support the success of our girls.
Office Holders - 2021 tbc
Deputy Chair: Vacant
School Representative: Michelle Kennedy
Meeting Dates – 2021
All Meetings start at 6.30pm in Matairangi (Staffroom)
- 11 March 2021
- 14 April 2021 - AGM
- 12 May 2021
- 16 June 2021
- 7 July 2021
- 18 August 2021
- 15 September 2021
- 20 October 2021
- 17 November 2021
- 8 December 2021
In recent years Parents Association donated funds for:
- Netball, Lacrosse, Rowing, Softball, Waka Ama, Soccer
- Robotics Trip to Auckland
- Geography Olympiad and Homework Club
- Funding for Sports and Academic Prize Givings
- Assistance with new uniforms for groups
- Cantala, Stage Challenge and the School Musical
- Picnic tables for the quad
- New marquee, banner and flags to promote cultural and sports groups at events
- Choir risers for the Music Department
We also connect with and support other parent groups including the Whānau Tu Tahi, Pasifika Parents and New Settlers Groups.
WEPA is always keen for more ideas about how to come together as a school community, raise money and support our girls.
Come along to a meeting or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for Grants:
Find out how to apply for grants from the Parents’ Association.
Forms to use: