WEGC Parents Association (WEPA)
A Great Opportunity to get involved in School Life
We meet once a month, on a Thursday evening, See meeting times and dates below.
Partnership with our community groups is an important part of our home /school connection. By becoming involved in these groups you can find out more about what goes on inside the school, and you can work with us to support and enrich the lives of our young people.
Our main role is to distribute money raised and donated by the school community to support the girls in their extra-curricular activities across sport, culture, arts and academic pursuits. We welcome all whānau to attend and contribute to the decision making to support the success of our girls.
Office Holders - 2023
Chairperson: Sunjna Harduth
Secretary: Ruth Fraser
Treasurer: Kevin Hales
Grants Officer: Kirstie Lester
School Representative: Anna Wilson, Deputy Principal
Meeting Dates – 2023
All Meetings start at 6.00pm in Matairangi (Staffroom)
- 29 March
- 26 April
- 31 May
- 28 June
- 26 July
- 30 August
- 25 October
- 29 November
In recent years Parents Association donated funds for:
- Netball, Lacrosse, Rowing, Softball, Waka Ama, Soccer
- Robotics Trip to Auckland
- Geography Olympiad and Homework Club
- Funding for Sports and Academic Prize Givings
- Assistance with new uniforms for groups
- Cantala, Stage Challenge and the School Musical
- Picnic tables for the quad
- New marquee, banner and flags to promote cultural and sports groups at events
- Choir risers for the Music Department
We also connect with and support other parent groups including the Whānau Tu Tahi, Pasifika Parents and New Settlers Groups.
WEPA is always keen for more ideas about how to come together as a school community, raise money and support our girls.
Come along to a meeting or get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for Grants:
Find out how to apply for grants from the Parents’ Association.
Forms to use: