WEGC Parents Association (WEPA)
A Great Opportunity to get involved in School Life
We meet once a month, on a Thursday evening, See meeting times and dates below.
Partnership with our community groups is an important part of our home /school connection. By becoming involved in these groups you can find out more about what goes on inside the school, and you can work with us to support and enrich the lives of our young people.
Our main role is to distribute money raised and donated by the school community to support the girls in their extra-curricular activities across sport, culture, arts and academic pursuits. We welcome all whānau to attend and contribute to the decision making to support the success of our girls.
Office Holders - 2022 tbc
Deputy Chair: Vacant
School Representative: Michelle Kennedy, Junior Dean Lead
Meeting Dates – 2022
All Meetings start at 6.00pm in Matairangi (Staffroom)
- 16 March 2022
- 13 April 2022
- 18 May 2022 (strategic consultation meeting)
- 15 June 2022
- 27 July 2022
- 24 August 2022
- 21 September 2022
- 26 October 2022
- 23 November 2022
- 7 December 2022
In recent years Parents Association donated funds for:
- Netball, Lacrosse, Rowing, Softball, Waka Ama, Soccer
- Robotics Trip to Auckland
- Geography Olympiad and Homework Club
- Funding for Sports and Academic Prize Givings
- Assistance with new uniforms for groups
- Cantala, Stage Challenge and the School Musical
- Picnic tables for the quad
- New marquee, banner and flags to promote cultural and sports groups at events
- Choir risers for the Music Department
We also connect with and support other parent groups including the Whānau Tu Tahi, Pasifika Parents and New Settlers Groups.
WEPA is always keen for more ideas about how to come together as a school community, raise money and support our girls.
Come along to a meeting or get in touch via email@example.com
Applying for Grants:
Find out how to apply for grants from the Parents’ Association.
Forms to use: