Snapper is a better way to pay on all Metlink train, school and public bus services
across the region. Snapper is accepted on all Metlink buses right across the region. If you have a Mana/Newlands or Uzabus card please get a free Snapper card, check it has a Child Concession loaded and top it up before they board the bus.
Level 2 Requirements
For students catching Metlink dedicated school bus services:-
- Face masks or face coverings are now mandatory on school buses
- All seats can be occupied on dedicated school services, and standing is allowed
- Students are asked to follow physical distancing guidelines of 1 metre whilst waiting at the bus stop
- For contact tracing purposes, each student needs to keep a record of their journey. Students with phones are asked to scan QR codes on board using the NZ COVID tracer app and have blue tooth turned on. Otherwise students will need to manually record their journey details
For students catching Metlink public bus services:-
- the wearing of a face mask or face covering remains mandatory on all public transport for anyone aged 12 and over. There are exemptions for health, disability and practicality reasons. Any form of face covering is sufficient. If you don’t have a mask you can use a scarf or bandana.
- All seats can be occupied, but there is no standing allowed on public buses
- Physical distancing guidelines must be adhered to at bus stops
Metlink Changes effective from Thursday 9 September
Metlink have let us know that they are making some changes to the Metlink school bus services.
- For more information please click here
School Bus Timetables effective from 9 September 2021
If you have any concerns or issues related to the school buses contact either the school bus co-ordinator, Amanda Picken, or Melink.
email@example.com, Phone 385 8514
Melink - click here for Metlink website